Rice Pudding recipe with milk
Learn how to make this rich, creamy, yet deceptively simple dessert.
Rice pudding is a rich and creamy dessert with a homey, old-fashioned flavor. It is simply made with rice, milk, and sugar, with a beaten egg sometimes stirred in at the end of cooking to add extra richness. Rice pudding can be flavored in any number of ways, is a snap to make, and is a great way to use up leftover rice.
1. Start your pudding with cooked white rice.
2. Combine the cooked rice, sugar, and the milk or cream in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
3. Cook, stirring often, until the liquid has reduced and the pudding has thickened. This should take about 20 minutes.
4. Stir in dried or fresh fruit, toasted nuts, or a dash of spice. Try a combination of bananas and cinnamon or toasted walnuts and a bit of nutmeg.
5. If you like a rich pudding, try mixing in a bit of beaten egg and some additional milk. Stir constantly for about 2 minutes to cook the egg and thicken the pudding. If desired, stir in a bit of cold butter to add sheen.
What is the recipe for rice pudding made from scratch.
Ingredients * 2 1/2 cups (600 ml) of whole milk * 1/3 cup (66 grams) of long or short grain white rice * 1/8 teaspoon salt * More