Homemade Hot chocolate recipe with dry milk
Stop buying pre-made hot cocoa mix and make your own with this easy, creamy, tasty homemade bulk cocoa mix!
This is yet just another area that we are sharing to help you save money by making popular store-bought foods at home instead. This recipe was shared to us by a good friend – she makes this and shared her pictures and process with us to share with you!
We are going to share the classic recipe, but one benefit of making it yourself is that you can adjust ingredients to meet your health and dietary requirements.
Here’s how to make your base mix:
- 10 cups of dry milk
- 1 and 3/4 cups of coffee creamer
- 1 and 3/4 cups of cocoa
- 5 cups of powdered sugar (or powder stevia for baking for a sugar alternative)
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir together to mix well. Put in a large airtight container. Label. Store in a cool, dry place. This will make about 50 servings of hot cocoa. Use within 6 to 8 months.
To make hot cocoa or hot chocolate:
- Combine 1/3 cup of this mix with 3/4 cup of boiling/hot water.
Also, we recommend printing this recipe for both the pre-made mix and the mix and taping it to your container so that you will be able to keep your container full of pre-made mix to remake and prepare cups of hot cocoa easily!
Check out the video if you are a visual learner:
Here is a printable recipe for you to print and keep in your home binder for easy access and reference!
|Bulk Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix|
Recipe type: Drinks and Dessert
Author: Cassie from The Thrifty Couple
Make this homemade hot cocoa mix instead of buying the store mixes and make this for much less than store-bought.
- Here's how to make your base mix:
- 1¾ cups of coffee creamer
- 1¾ cups of cocoa
- 5 cups of powdered sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir together to mix well. Put in a large airtight container. Label. Store in a cool, dry place. Use within 6 to 8 months. Makes about 50 cup servings.
- To Make Hot Cocoa:
- Combine ⅓ cup of this mix with ¾ cup of boiling/hot water.
- Serve hot. :)
Use powdered stevia for cooking and baking for a natural sugar alternative.
Also, cacao powder is a super healthy form of a chocolate replacement to make it a super food too. :)