Mac and Cheese evaporated milk recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus more for baking dish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups elbow pasta
- 2 (12-ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced (original recipe called for garlic powder)
- 2 (8-ounce) packages sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (8-ounce) package Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Paprika, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously butter a 13x9 inch glass baking dish and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil then add salt and pasta. Cook pasta until just under al dente. Drain and return to pot. Stir in butter until all the noodles are coated; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together evaporated milk, skim milk, and eggs. Add seasoned salt, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place 1/3 noodles in an even layer in the prepared baking dish; cover with 1/3 cheese. Repeat with remaining noodles and cheese. Pour milk mixture evenly over pasta. Sprinkle top lightly with paprika.
- Bake until top layer is lightly golden, 35 to 45 minutes. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Carnation Famous Fudge Kit, 15.5 Ounce Kit
Grocery (Nestle USA)