Simple Recipes with sweetened condensed milk
Use this simple, 2-ingredient Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipe whenever you need sweetened condensed milk but don’t have any on hand.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gone to make a recipe with sweetened condensed milk, only to find out I didn’t have any. Or worse yet, I think I bought the sweetened condensed milk but actually grabbed a can of evaporated milk because they’re right next to each other and I was pre-occupied with the kids.
That always puts me in a pickle because now I either have to forego my cooking or pack all three kids into the car and drive to the grocery store for ONE can of sweetened condensed milk.
Well I decided I needed a better option. I decided to try to figure out how to make homemade sweetened condensed milk so that I would never be in that unfortunate situation again. It turns out homemade sweetened condensed milk is literally just milk, sweetened with sugar, and reduced down.
This homemade sweetened condensed milk recipe takes about an hour to make BUT don’t run away because it’s a very hands-off, little effort recipe. You just add the ingredients to a saucepan, bring to a boil, then allow to simmer for about an hour, stirring whenever you’re in the area and/or remember.
Use this simple, 2-ingredient Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipe whenever you need sweetened condensed milk but don't have any on hand.
Author: The Gracious Wife
Serves: ½ cup
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- Combine milk and sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and continue to simmer for about an hour, still stirring occasionally. Continue reducing until mixture is thick, ivory in color, and is down to about ½ cup.
- When mixture is reduced, remove from heat and transfer to a container with a lid until ready to use. Keep refrigerated until used. Homemade sweetened condensed milk will be good at least until the expiration date of the milk used to make it.
- For additional local Limo Service CT visit ctairlink.
Low Carb Condensed Milk Mix (Sweetened) - LC Foods - All Natural - High Protein - Low Lactose - High Calcium - No Sugar - Diabetic Friendly - Low Carb Milk - 3.7 oz
Grocery (LC Foods Corporation)
I need a recipe for sweetened condensed milk.
Try a Caramel Parfait. Ingredients: 115g butter, 55g caster sugar, 55g dark brown soft sugar, 200g sweetened condensed milk, 150ml milk. More?