Recipe for vanilla Fudge using condensed milk
Yield/Servings: 24 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes
2 cups sugar, 2/3 cup evaporated milk, 1/3 cup milk, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup butter, 1 tablespoon vanilla, walnut pieces (optional)
1. Butter sides of heavy 2 quart saucepan.
2. In saucepan combine sugar, milks, and salt.
3. Cook and stir over medium high to boiling.
4. Clip on candy thermometer and cook and stir over med-low heat to 238*, soft ball stage.
5. Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla, DO NOT STIR.
6. Cool to 110F degrees.
7. Remove thermometer.
8. Beat with wooden spoon till fudge becomes thick and starts to lose it's gloss.
9. Pour into a buttered 8 inch pan.
10. Score into squares.
11. If desired top each square with with a piece of nut.
Nutritional InformationServing Size: 1 (30 g) Servings Per Recipe: 24
Amount Per Serving (% Daily Value)
Calories 94.5, Calories from Fat 23 (24%), Total Fat 2.5 g (3%), Saturated Fat 1.6 g (8%), Cholesterol 7.5 mg (2%), Sodium 38.2 mg (1%)
Nestle Carnation Instant Nonfat Dry Milk, 9.6 Ounce Pouch
how to make fudge using condensed milk? | Yahoo Answers
Use one can of condensed milk, two tablespoons of butter and powdered chocolate until it look a nice brown color. Then mix it on a stove without stopping, until it comes the consistency you want. Let it cool off and then eat! In Brazil it´s called "brigadeiro", it´s really good!