Evaporated milk Indian Recipes
Total Cost: $8.41
Cost Per Serving: $2.10
- 2 Tbsp olive oil $0.24
- 1 large yellow onion $0.92
- 2 inches fresh ginger $0.21
- 2 cloves garlic $0.16
- 10 oz. fresh baby spinach $3.74
- ½ tsp sugar $0.02
- 2 tsp cumin $0.10
- 1 tsp garam masala $0.05
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper $0.05
- 1 large tomato $1.36
- ½ tsp turmeric $0.05
- ½ tsp salt $0.02
- 1 cup evaporated milk $1.49
- Add the olive oil and two cloves of garlic (minced) to a large skillet. Peel and grate both the onion and ginger straight into the skillet. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- While the onion, ginger, and garlic are cooking, place the spinach in a large pot along with one cup of water and ½ tsp of sugar. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and cook until the spinach is tender (about five minutes). Turn the heat off and allow to cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor or blender (water and all) and pulse a few times to break up the spinach, but do not puree it.
- After the onion, garlic, and ginger have softened, add the cumin, garam masala, and cayenne. Stir and cook for about three minutes more. Dice the tomato and add it to the skillet. Stir and cook for about five minutes more or until the tomato has broken down.
- Stir the evaporated milk into the skillet. Add the turmeric and salt. Stir and heat through. Add the cooked and blended spinach along with all of the liquid. Stir, taste, and add more salt if desired. Serve hot with bread for dipping.
What is the recipe for milk and cookies.
To make cookies, get dough and roll it flat, then use a cookie cutter to shape it. Put vinegar in it and mix it for one minute. Put it in to the oven for 1 hour and done.
To get milk, buy a cow. Get the cow pregnant, and wait until she gives birth. Squeeze her udders into a bucket. Out will come milk.
If you don't have the time to do any of these, just buy them at the store. Trust me, they are just as good.