Chicken Korma recipe easy coconut milk
I still remember the first time I had Chicken Korma. In fact, it was the first time I ate Indian food. Gary always raved about how delicious Indian food was, and being the meat and potato gal that I was, I turned my nose up at it. So one day, for Gary’s sake, I decided I would surprise him and try it. I told him to get in the car, I was taking him to dinner but wouldn’t tell him where. Imagine his disbelief when we pulled into an Indian restaurant. I had no idea what to order, and after a quick discussion with Gary and the waiter, Chicken Korma would be my choice. I was in love from that point on with Indian food, and I’ve never looked back!
Any time I go to an Indian restaurant there’s a pretty good chance I’m going to order Chicken Korma. I can’t help it. I’m a creature of habit. These days, eating out Indian food is rare. I just make it at home, and oh the satisfaction I get from it! It’s so easy with my .
I love the complex, subtle flavors of the sauce and chunks of chicken generously served over basmati rice…. Taking a piece of naan and soaking up the extra sauce…. ! The only problem is I completely over indulge on Korma, thinking to myself “I really shouldn’t have eaten those last few bites.” But who am I kidding?! It’s totally worth it! I spent a lot of time creating this Korma and I hope you enjoy it! Don’t let the long ingredient list intimidate you, this recipe really isn’t difficult.
- ¼ cup cashews
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsps. oil
- 1 ½ cups onion, minced
- 2 tsps. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsps. garlic, minced
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed bite-size
- 2 tsps. each coriander, cumin
- 1 tsp. each curry powder, turmeric, paprika, salt, sugar
- ⅛ tsp. cardamom
- ½ (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- ⅔ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Put cashews, coconut milk, and cream in a food processor or blender and blend very smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add onions and ginger and sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add chicken cubes, spices, and salt. Sauté 3-4 minutes searing chicken on all sides. Add a little water if the spices stick.
- Stir in tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil on medium/high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium/low to low. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow to sit 2-3 minutes. Stir in yogurt and cashew/coconut milk/cream mixture.
- Turn heat to medium and cook 15-20 minutes uncovered until sauce thickens.
- Visit reliable ultius review written by students
Native Forest Organic Classic Coconut Milk, 13.5-oz. Cans (Count of 12)
Grocery (Native Forest)
Native Forest Organic Light Coconut Milk, Reduced Fat, 13.5-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)
Grocery (Native Forest)
Native Forest Organic Premium Coconut Cream, Unsweetened, 5.4 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Grocery (Edward & Sons)
Let's Do Organic Creamed Coconut, 7-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Grocery (Let's Do Organic)
Thai Kitchen Pure Coconut Milk, 13.66-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)
Grocery (Thai Kitchen)
What is an easy recipe for coconut chicken soup?
The recipe is too long to fit via text message, but you may visit the attached website for a Thai Chicken and Coconut soup Recipe.