Recipes that use almond milk
Method 1Drinks with almond milk
- Drink almond milk. Almond milk can be drunk in the same way as milk. It can usually be found in 3 flavors: plain, vanilla and chocolate. The plain variety can be sweetened or unsweetened. Manufacturers recommend shaking the container of almond milk prior to drinking it as there may be some settlement at the bottom. Almond milk, in any flavor, can also be added to coffee or tea, just like normal milk or cream.
- Use almond milk in smoothies. Almond milk can be used in smoothies instead of traditional dairy products. Simply combine fruit (frozen is best) and the almond milk in a blender and pulse it until it is combined. You can adjust the amount of almond milk to make your smoothie more or less thick.
- Make Indian style kesar-badaam using almond milk:
- Pour 2 cups of chilled almond (badaam) milk in a blender.
- Add 1-2 de-seeded dates (to your taste; the dates can be replaced with honey, if preferred).
- Add 2 drops of vanilla essence (extract).
- Add a dessert spoon of fresh cream (optional).
- Blend all ingredients for few seconds. Pour the drink into a glass.
- Add a pinch of saffron (kesar) on top (just a very very little because it's a very strong flavoring agent), to give it a delicious flavor.
Method 2Eating with almond milk
- Use almond milk in your cereal. Almond milk can be used instead of dairy or soy milk in your morning cereal. Hot or cold cereal makes no difference; almond milk lends a subtle sweetness and creaminess to cereals.
Method 3Cooking with almond milk
- Cook with almond milk. Almond milk can be substituted for cow's milk in any recipe. Use the same measurement of almond milk as regular milk in the recipe. You can bake with it, add it to soups and make sauces from it; almond milk can do almost everything that regular milk can do.
Method 4Using almond milk as a supplement
- Combine almond milk with protein powder. Compared to cow's milk, almond milk is low in protein. Most varieties have about 1g of protein per 1 cup (8 oz) serving. Two percent cow's milk, however, has around 8g of protein for the same size serving. Almond milk mixes well with protein powders, making it a good choice for those who want to increase their protein intake without drinking cow's milk.
- Consume almond milk for its nutritional or dietary value. Almond milk has no saturated fat, and has roughly half the fat of 2 percent milk. There is no cholesterol in it and it is naturally high in calcium. Almond milk has 15 percent more of your daily calcium requirements compared to 1 percent milk. Homemade almond milk is an acceptable milk substitute for those who are following raw food diets.
- Almond milk is best consumed within 7 to 10 days after opening. Like all dairy products, don't drink the almond milk if it is past its expiration date.
- Like all nuts and nut products, almond milk should not be fed to infants under 1 year of age and should not be used in lieu of cow's milk unless your doctor recommends it.
My Best Nut Milk Bag - 2 Pack Large (12"x12") & Medium (12"x9") Strong Reusable Almond Milk Bags - Commercial Food Grade Fine Nylon Mesh - Food Strainer & Cheese Maker Coffee & Tea Filter
Kitchen (AVROZ Home & Kitchen)
Premium Quality - Nut Milk Bag - XL - 13 " X 13 " - Smoothie Strainer - Cold Brew Coffee Maker- Free Recipes Included - Reusable - Filter Bag - Professional Industry - Largest on Amazon
My Big Fat Nut (milk) Sacks. 2-Pack (12"x12") Commercial Quality Reusable Almond Nut Milk Bag & Strainer. Commercial Food Grade Italian Nylon Mesh Jelly Cheesecloth , Coffee Press Tea Filter Sieve
My Big Fat Organic Nut (milk) Sacks. Set of 2 Bags (12"x12") Commercial Quality Organic Cotton & Hemp Reusable Almond Milk Bag Strainers. Juicing Sprouting Jelly Cheesecloth Coffee Press Tea Sieve
2 Large Nut Milk Bags - 12x12 & 10x12 Inches Reusable Strainer - 12"x12" & 10"x12" Almond Milk Hemp Bags Made From Food Grade Fine Nylon Mesh Strainer - White
Kitchen (NUDS Home & Kitchen)