Almond milk Powder Recipes
almond | badam milk powder recipe or homemade almond milk powder recipe
I recommend you to read my post on traditional way of making badam milk with soaked almonds, the ayurvedic way and raw almond milkto get a smoother and rich milk. Almond milk is one of the most energizing drinks that we all know. With the comfort of store bought powders, we seldom make almond milk powder at home. We prefer to serve health drinks like pediasure and milo to our growing kids with an assumption that they are very healthy. But how healthy are these drinks with loaded synthetic nutrients. Are these really being absorbed by the body?
The commercial badam milk powder recipe like the MTR has only 8.5 % almond powder in it with loads of starch and milk powder added to it which is visible on the ingredients list.
homemade almond milk powder is purely a protein powder and we know what goes inside our powder. Though stirring this powder in hot milk is not the authentic way of making almond milk, it is just an easy alternate.
UPDATE: Some of you did write to me asking why almonds need to be blanched before we powder them. According to ayurveda, almond skin is very hard to digest and it can even lead to build up of toxins in the body. Hence it is better to discard the skin.
find badam milk powder recipe or almond milk powder recipe below
Homemade almond or badam milk powder recipe to make instant badam milk
Recipe type: Drinks
Yield / Serves: 12
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 1 cup of roasted blanched unsalted almonds
- ¾ cup of red or white rock sugar
- 1 tbsp cardamom powder
- ½ to 1 gm of saffron
To make badam milk powder
- Blend all the ingredients to a fine powder, in a blender on a minimum speed. Blend until the powder is fine but do not run the blender for more than 30 secs each time, else the almonds will release oil making the powder lumpy.
- Store in an air tight container. Stays good for several months.
how to use almond powder to make milk or alternate ways to use almond powder
- Stir in the almond powder to a cup of hot milk. Allow it to cool down and serve it.
- Soak the almond powder in ¼ cup of milk preferably warm or room temperature. Set aside for at least 1 hr. Bring ¾ cup of milk to boil and add the soaked almond paste and stir well and bring it to boil once again. Off the heat / flame.
- Sprinkle the almond powder on your toddler’s cereals. This is a good way of serving almonds to toddlers who cannot still chew nuts.
- You can just sprinkle the powder on your cornflakes or any other cereals to enhance the nutrition. The absorption level of the nutrients are higher when consumed in the powdered form
- Can be used to your oatmeal cereal too
Lindt Chocolate Bar - Milk Chocolate - Classic Recipe - Almond - 4.4 oz Bars - Case of 12
Health and Beauty (Lindt)
Pure Black COCOA Powder 1 LB, ALL NATURAL Dutch Processed, Premium Baking Staple, Guilt-Free Chocolate Indulgence. Transform Cookies, Brownies, Smoothies etc
Grocery (Silk Road®)
Aachi - Badam Milk Powder Mix (200 g)
Ecomil - Coconut Milk - Nature - 1L
Pizzscotti All Natural Handmade Gourmet Biscotti Bites, Bite Size Cookie Morsels, 24 Piece Gift Box (2 Flavors). Cookie Gift Box Includes 12 Pieces of Lemon Cranberry and 12 Pieces of Cinnamon Sugar
Where can I buy almond powder and milk cream?
You should be able to get milk cream at any grocery store. For almond powder try specialty grocery stores like Whole Foods.