Almond milk Eggnog recipe
- Place egg yolks in a small mixing bowl and set aside
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium sized saucepan and bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Slowly add approximately ¼ cup of the hot liquids to the egg yolks while whisking continuously. Continue until you've added about one cup of the liquid mixture to the egg yolks before transferring the yolks to the pot.
- Bring back up to medium heat and whisk while simmering for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately or pour in a mason jar and refrigerate.
- Best sprinkled with a touch of ground cinnamon and nutmeg!
If you are paleo, look for guar gum free coconut milk (easily found in the ethnic isles of many grocery stores!)
Also, to lower the fat content in this drink, use lite coconut milk as opposed to full-fat.
If you plan on drinking the eggnog right away, opt for less nutmeg (1/2 teaspoon is best). If you're planning on letting it sit for 1-2 days before enjoying, go with 1 teaspoon. I found that the longer it sat, the more the flavor developed instead of hitting you with a strong punch of nutmeg!
Rice Dream Rice Nog, 32 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Faeries Finest Cocoa, Eggnog, 2 Pound
Grocery (Faeries Finest)
What is the recipe for the drink almond joy?
Ingrediants: 1/2 Oz Malibu Coconut Rum, 1 Oz Amaretto Almond Liqueur, 1 Oz Creme De Cacao, 2 Oz Cream, Ice. Fill mixing glass with ice, Add Malibu, Amaretto, Creme De Cacao, and Cream. Shake, and strain into a highball glass filled with ice.
What are some reasons for drinking almond milk.
Compared to cow's, almond milk is the healthier choice. It contains a wide variety of vitamins and minerals and contains high levels of antitoxins. Almond milk is a good choice for people who are lactose intolerant or have a gluten allergy.