Sweetened condensed milk pudding recipe
Even since childhood, I’ve always loved a good yellow cake with chocolate frosting. It is a true classic winning combo. I used a box cake mix because I’m not all that picky about that sort of stuff, but you could totally use your own homemade yellow cake mix if that is your thing. I figure box mixes are my friend when I add all the other good stuff to the cake anyway.
In the end, you finish it off with a fabulous homemade chocolate icing that is spoon-licking good. Just ask me and my kids!! Chocolate icing is dangerous around these parts!! Like I need to hurry up and put the bowl under water so I don’t keep eating every last morsel of it kind of dangerous!!
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box yellow cake mix plus ingredients to make cake
- 1 3.5 oz. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ sticks butter, softened
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- Bake cake according to box mix directions in a 13 x 9 pan.
- While cake is in the oven, mix pudding mix with 2 cups of milk. Whisk until combined and let sit for 2 minutes or until thickened. Whisk again for a few seconds.
- Whisk in sweetened condensed milk. MIXTURE WILL BE THINNER THAN PUDDING. THIS IS OKAY SINCE YOU WILL LET IT SET UP IN THE REFRIGERATOR.
- Remove cake from oven and poke several holes with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Pour pudding mixture all over cake filling all the holes and letting it completely cover the cake. Let it sit until cooled (about 1 hour).
- Make frosting by adding softened butter to a large mixing bowl. Add cocoa powder. Carefully pour in boiling water. Add vanilla and beat for about 1 minute or until combined.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar beating after every few cups added. Beat until smooth.
- Frost cake and refrigerate until ready to serve. BEST REFRIGERATED OVERNIGHT.
*Pudding mixture will be thin, and that is okay. This will allow the cake to really soak in the mixture. It will also thicken as the cake refrigerates.
Low Carb Evaporated Milk Mix - LC Foods - All Natural - High Protein - Low Lactose - High Calcium - No Sugar - Diabetic Friendly - Low Carb Milk - 4.9 oz
Grocery (LC Foods Corporation)