Simple chocolate Fudge recipe sweetened condensed milk
Now with fudge week, I had to include a classic chocolate version. This one is another one that is so simple and basically foolproof! The key to this is to cook over low heat until well melted and combined.
For the chocolate, you use good old chips. However, you want a combo of chocolate. I did 2 parts semi sweet and one part milk chocolate. It was the perfect chocolate level for me. You can do any combo you want, especially with the variety of chips out there – mint chips, butterscotch chips, dark chocolte, etc. Just think of the combinations.
You could also change the flavor by adding some extract. I am liking the idea of some peppermint extract or orange chocolate. You can also have fun with the way you shape the fudge and give it away as a gift. All you do is get some metal cookie cutters. Place each cookie cutter on a piece of foil larger than the cookie cutter. Then wrap the foil around the outside of the cookie cutter to make a mold. Then fill with the fudge mixture and you can decorate it with candy if you want to. I got this idea and picture from Betty Crocker.
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz bag) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Line a 9 x 9 inch pan with aluminum foil and grease with butter. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, add the condensed milk, chocolate chips, and butter. Cook over low heat, stirring often to avoid burning. Cook until mixture is melted and well combined.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla; stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Tap few times to remove air bubbles.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours.
- When set, remove from pan using the foil and cut into pieces.
- Store fudge in fridge for long storage. Just remove from fridge an hour or so before serving to soften.
Recipe adapted from the Versatile Vegetarian Kitchen.
French COCOA POWDER 1 LB By Morning Pep Dark and Rich USDA certified ORGANIC by NFC, NATURAL , Unsweetened Raw NON GMO (16 OZ) Nice Resealable Stand Up Pouch Bag
Grocery (Morning Pep)
Morning Pep French Cocoa Powder 5 lb USDA Certified organic by NFC, Natural, Unsweetened Raw Dark Rich Non GMO(80 oz bulk) Nice Resalable Stand Up Pouch Bag, X-Large
Grocery (Morning Pep)