Vegan rice Pudding recipe coconut milk
Over the past few days we could definitely feel a touch of fall in the air. Slightly cool and refreshing… Just perfect. Every year we get super excited this time of year, because we get to use some of our fall favorites: pumpkin, of course and pomegranates.
Pomegranates might not be as popular ( although that is slowly changing lately) but we absolutely love them. We’ve been eating them since we were kids (courtesy of our dad who every year spends hours in front on the TV getting the seeds out) and as you’ve probably noticed, we love to use in our recipes.
Today we’re sharing with you some pomegranate recipes from the amazing group of talented bloggers from the Kosher Connection.
Hope you enjoy them!
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Kosher / Vegan
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup sugar (you can reduce the amount of sugar if you want it less sweet)
- 1 cup room temperature water
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 4 tbsp shelled pistachios
- Combine rice and boiling water in a medium size bowl. Cover and let sit for 20 minutes
- In a medium size sauce pan, combine coconut milk and sugar, heat until it come to a soft boil
- Drain rice and add to coconut milk, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed
- Add 1 cup water and continue simmering about 10 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Add orange blossom water (if using) and mix well
- Serve about ½ cup of rice pudding per person and garnish with pomegranates and pistachios
This dish can be served warm or cold and it can be made ahead. To reheat, add a little bit of hot water to the rice pudding to warm it up and make it creamy again.
The cooking times in this recipe gives you a chewy rice with a little bite, if you prefer a creamier texture you can gradually add more water and cook longer.
Photo Jigsaw Puzzle of Turkish Mahallebi seller, Istanbul, Turkey
Home (Prints Online)
Canvas Print of Turkish Mahallebi seller, Istanbul, Turkey
Home (Prints Online)
Vegan rice pudding recipe? | Yahoo Answers
I make mine with coconut milk. I just heat coconut milk and some sugar on the stove, stir in cooked rice and cook it until it hits the consistency I like. I add a few whole cardamom pods and vanilla extract (remove cardamom before eating).
What vegan recipes contain rice milk? | Yahoo Answers
If a recipe calls for dairy milk, you can easily substitute rice milk (about 7/8 cup rice milk for every cup of cows' milk). If it calls for plant milk, as many vegan cookbooks will, just use your rice milk.