Almond milk Chocolate Pudding recipe
I eat very little dairy on a daily basis and was an early converter to soy milk. has been a newfound ingredient for me and I have learned many things about using it in the kitchen. First of all, read labels! I prefer Almond Breeze Unsweetened. Many almond milks are filled with sugar and unwanted thickeners and starches and will change the outcome of this recipe. This is based on a pudding that I make with cow’s milk and it adapted beautifully to using almond milk. This is very rich and creamy and decadent – and quick to make. If you want to crown it with a whipped topping, try our . While you could try making the pudding with coconut milk as well, I actually find that variation to be a bit too rich, and I don’t say that about many desserts!
Image: Dédé Wilson
Author: Dédé Wilson
Makes: Serves 8
- ⅓ cup sifted natural cocoa
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, such as Almond Breeze Unsweetened
- 4 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (55% to 61%) such as Valrhona Extra Bitter or Callebaut semisweet or bittersweet, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Have 8 ramekins (at least 4 ounces in size), goblets or glasses ready to receive the pudding.
- Whisk together the cocoa, sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium-sized saucepan. Slowly whisk in about 1 cup of the almond milk until smooth, then whisk in remaining almond milk. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, (might take about 5 minutes), and simmer for 1 minute, whisking frequently until thickened. Add chocolate and whisk frequently for about 1 minute more until chocolate melts and the pudding is thick and smooth. The pudding should be thick enough to leave whisk marks in the surface. Remove from heat, whisk in vanilla, then immediately pour into waiting dishes or goblets.
Top Notch "30 in 30" Protein Shakes (VANILLA ICE CREAM)-- Best Way to Start Your Day. ONLY 5 INGREDIENTS & GUARANTEED to Be a Delicious & Filling Drink- Great Instant Breakfast Meal Replacement to Lean up and Lose Bodyfat- High in Fiber, Low in Sugar & Carbs, Gluten-Free and All-natural Flavors (20 Individual Packets)
Grocery (Top Notch Goods)
Gourmet Dessert Chocolate/Caramel Sauce Set
Grocery (Purveyors Kitchen)