Milk chocolate recipe from Scratch
I bought my cocoa butter from Navitas and I was very happy with it. The 16 oz package was $25 and it was enough cocoa butter to make 12 white chocolate discs, 100 mini cocoa butter cookies, and 12 cocoa butter cupcakes.
How To Make White Chocolate
UPDATE 12/1/15: Many readers have had problems with this recipe. Although it worked for me, it is definitely not guaranteed to work. Try it at your own risk. Troubleshooting this recipe is on my long to-do list and if I can figure out where the problem is, I will give another update and change the recipe where needed.
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract (You can replace this orange extract with any flavored extract that you like. If you want a more traditional vanilla-flavored white chocolate, use more vanilla extract for a total of one teaspoon vanilla extract.)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger (You can use any spices that you like or leave out the spices entirely for a more traditional white chocolate.)
- Pinch of salt
- Place cocoa butter in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave. If you are used to melting butter in the microwave, you'll be surprised at how much longer this process takes for cocoa butter. Set the microwave for two minutes and then add a minute at a time until the cocoa butter is completely liquefied.
- Stir in the powdered sugar and the milk powder. Make sure that all of the sugar is completely dissolved in the cocoa butter.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour or spoon the mixture into your molds. If you are using a silicone cupcake tin, use approximately one tablespoon of the cocoa butter mixture per circle.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Pop the white chocolates out of the molds and enjoy on the spot, use to decorate cupcakes or cakes, break into pieces and add to cookies, or use in any other way that you can dream up.
Philadelphia Candies Assorted Milk and Dark Chocolates, 1 pound Gift Box
Grocery (Philadelphia Candies)
Caramel Club - 6 Months - Half Pound (Milk Chocolate Each Month)
Grocery (Mantorville Farms LLC)
Chocolate Covered Butter Toffee (Milk Chocolate 1 Pound)
Grocery (Mantorville Farms, LLC)
How to make Chocolate milk from scratch? | Yahoo Answers
Follow the directions for making hot cocoa, on the carton. Make the hot cocoa and chill.