Milk tea recipe evaporated milk
In Asian, Breakfast, Drinks on
Hong Kong style milk tea is one of my favourite types of tea. A good cup of milk tea should be strongly brewed and well balanced with creaminess that isn’t too rich, and sweetness that doesn’t overpower. It should also feel and taste smooth, silky, and light in weight. The secret to making the best milk tea lies in the blend and ratio of different types of black tea. Ceylon tea is a common component. Every establishment guards its recipe. Luckily, it’s not difficult to make authentic milk tea at home. I’ve shared three recipes below. The recipes differ in authenticity, in the amount of work involved, and in the types of equipment required. I made this for my parents the day after they got back from a trip to Hong Kong and they said that it tasted just like the milk tea they had there. My uncle, who travels to Hong Kong 3 times every year, was surprised by how good it was too.
Notes About the Recipes to Follow:
- The best brand of evaporated milk to use is Black & White, a product from Holland. This will make a huge difference to your Hong Kong style milk tea. If you can find it in your local Asian grocery store, it’s worth the extra cost.
- Some people say that if you add one egg’s shell to the tea leaves in the strainer, you will cut the acidity and bitterness of the tea. I have not yet tried this, as I’ve not felt the need to. Let me know if it works for you.
- Recipe #1: This recipe uses the most authentic method. Although it is very easy to make, it requires the most effort and you need to be careful not to burn yourself with the hot water. To use this recipe, you will need a cotton tea strainer and metal ring with handle.
- Recipe #2: This is my favourite recipe, because it requires much less effort than Recipe #1 and makes milk tea that is practically just as good. To use this recipe, you will need a percolator.
- Recipe #3: This recipe makes one cup of milk tea. It is the easiest and quickest, short-cut recipe for Hong Kong style milk tea. It requires no special equipment. Although this recipe uses the least authentic method and tea, I use this recipe whenever I’m in a rush or just feeling lazy.
Hong Kong Style Milk Tea Recipe #1
For this authentic method, you will need a cotton tea strainer and a metal ring with handle. This recipe makes 4 to 6 cups of tea and doubles well. For a video demonstration, see here.
Milk Green Tea Number One Brand 200g.
Grocery (Number One)
What is the recipe for chocolate chip double fudge cookies.
EAGLE BRAND WHITE CHOCOLATE FUDGE...
1 1/2 pounds premium white chocolate or confectioners' coating 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chopped nuts
In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate with EAGLE BRAND and salt. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and nuts. Spread evenly into wax paper lined 8- or 9-inch square pan.
Chill 2 hours or until firm. Turn fudge onto cutting board, peel off paper and cut into squares. Store leftovers tightly covered at roo…