Breakfast Smoothie Recipes with almond milk
Late one night last week while John was getting ready for bed I was scouring Pinterest on my iPhone. Some days I barely pin anything at all on Pinterest and others I’m an absolute maniac, re-pinning everything I see. Cute puppies, strange tattoos, 18-layer cakes, you name it. This particular night I found something that really caught my eye, so much so that I was determined to make it the very next morning.
The recipe I’m sharing is inspired by the one I found, which was featured on . Kathy’s version was raw and mine’s not, so if you’re on a raw diet by all means stick with her version. But for those of you not on a raw diet, this is probably about the creamiest dreamiest chocolate shakes you’ll have that just happens to be vegan and totally healthy enough to call breakfast.
Since making this for the first time a week or so back it’s been my go-to breakfast nearly every morning – so freaking delicious. You can taste the bananas only slightly, so if they’re not your thing try it anyway.
You can easily add more cocoa powder to make the chocolate flavor even more prominent. Also, if you can’t have or absolutely despise bananas, you could probably just sub all frozen strawberries or blueberries for a similar result. I also highly recommend sneaking in some flaxseed and spinach for added nutrition without any affect on the flavor. Bottoms up!
A creamy vegan chocolate shake with tons of fruit, protein and rich chocolate flavor. Makes the perfect breakfast, snack or late-night dessert.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 frozen ripe bananas, chopped prior to freezing
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberries (or blueberries)
- 2-3 heaping Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp salted almond butter (find my recipe below)
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal (optional)
- 1.5-2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (sub soy or coconut)
- dash of stevia or agave nectar (depending on sweetness of bananas)
- 1/3 cup ice
- big handful of spinach (not pictured here and optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- If you prefer a more chocolatey shake, add more cocoa powder. If you prefer it sweeter, add more stevia or agave. If you prefer it thinner, add less ice OR more almond milk.
Almond Breeze Almond Milk Hint of Honey, 32 oz
Grocery (Almond Breeze)
What is a healthy breakfast smoothie recipe?
2 large ripe bananas, peeled, sliced
2 cups almond milk or whole milk
2 cups ice cubes
2 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Note:If you prefer a thicker smoothie, add 1/4 cup plain yogurt.
Blend first 5 ingredients in blender until smooth. Divide smoothies among 4 small glasses. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
I love this smoothie because its light and delicious and not too sweet.
What is a good breakfast smoothie recipe?
1 cup milk, 1 banana, 3 strawberries, 1 tbsp vanilla yoghurt, 1 tsp honey, Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree.