Easy milk chocolate recipe
Milk Chocolate Fudge-smooth, creamy and easy to make!
I love this time of year! Everyone expects you to bake and make sweet treats. It’s like a free pass to go wild in the kitchen. The kids get into too. “Mom, whatcha making today?” “I love you mom, I’ll just grab a few of these (insert today’s treat) and be on my way.” They also help with making the treats.
Thanksgiving weekend was like the releasing of the bulls in Pamplona. How many recipes can we bake/cook up in one weekend? A ton, let me tell you. Part of it is we’re putting together a care package for my son-n-law in Afghanistan. We went wild, we made Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies, Swedish Christmas Cookies, Fried Pecans, Eggnog Fudge, Cinnamon Biscotti, Hot Chocolate Mix, Mexican Wedding Cookies, Pecan Pie Bars. Peanut Brittle.
This is just the beginning of my Holiday baking. Most of it will quickly leave the house. It has to. It’s just to easy to go and grab a few cookies instead of making something for lunch. I had cookies with my coffee for breakfast the other day.
This fudge never had the chance to leave the house. My son was the one who actually made it. I just supervised (sat at the kitchen table on the laptop…on facebook.) I did help clean up, I licked the spoon and pan. Someone had to do it.
I did also try to get a photo of a piece of fudge with a bite taken out of it, but…I could never get the perfect bite. I tried on four or five pieces of this fudge, honest.
Milk Chocolate Fudge
- 3 cups Milk Chocolate chips (you can use semi sweet also)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounce)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 cup pecans (or other favorite nut)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Line an 8 or 9 inch square pan with foil. Butter foil and set aside.
- In a medium heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with milk and salt. Once creamy and smooth, remove from heat, add in vanilla and nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan, Chill in refrigerator for 3-4 hours before cutting into squares. For best freshness store in air tight container in refrigerator.