Coconut milk powder Burfi recipe
Preparation Time:5 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Makes:6 burfis
Recipe Category: Sweets | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Unsweetened Coco powder - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1/3 cup
Water - 1/4 cup
Melted Ghee - 2 tsp + for greasing
Pistachios - 4 chopped finely
- Let the syrup boil till the syrup reaches single string consistency.when you take the syrup between your fingers it should form a thin single string as shown that is the correct stage.It will be hot so be very careful.Now add milkpowder coco mixture and mix well, keep mixing...in few seconds it will become thick but still in flowing consistency...this is the correct stage.Add ghee, give a quick mix and switch off.
- Use good quality coco powder for good flavour and color.
- I used everyday brand milk powder.If your milk powder is coarse then grind it once to make it a fine powder.
- The sugar syrup will be hot so be careful while touching it. Else you can check it with a laddle and see.I find checking with fingers easy as I've been doing this for a while now so got used to this method.
- Choose a plate according to the quantity so that you can get perfect thickess and shape.
- The mixture will thicken fast so act quickly.Once milk powder mixture is added keep stirring to get the desired consistency.
- You can even leave it as such without nuts, but if you are adding nuts add it immediately while its still hot else it will not stick to the burfi.
- Keeps well for 4-5 days, after that refrigerate it.
Written by: SHARMILEE J
Grocery (Ambrosia Naturals, llc)
How do you make a coconut ball recipe made with powdered sugar.
Honestly, it depends on what kind of coconut balls you want to make:)